Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Tom Hanks Beach


Big Beach
Originally uploaded by Grey Cottage Studio
This is the beach in our town. Yup. Never thought I'd be able to say that. It's also the site of the Zoltar machine that Tom Hanks found in the movie Big. When I took this photo, I was looking at the beach, but when I see it, I can't stop looking at that sky. Isn't it funny how we can sometimes miss what's in front of us until we look at the picture? Or is it the opposite, that we miss what's in front of us because we're looking at the little picture in the back of the camera instead. As much as I love documenting our days, I have to make sure that I'm in the picture as much as capturing it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I often question whether I'm 'being present' enough behind the lens myself. Somehow it's become a comfortable spot for me but I'm definately not as fully engaged in the moment as I shoot it. Sometimes I have to remember to put the camera down.