Tuesday, November 9, 2010

In which I groan when I should be grateful







As a stay-at-home mom with two kids in school all day, and one preschooler at school in 2-1/2 hour chunks, I find it's very hard to get anything accomplished.  I just have small chunks of time until I'm required to pick someone up or drop them off.  Even when I do have time, I feel like I have to convince the preschooler to please just get in the car or lug the whole gang with me to Target and then spend time the same amount of time convincing them to leave as I did to come with me.  The older two are just on the brink of staying home alone, which I do think will make small trips much easier, and of course, they are generally super cooperative, so I really shouldn't groan.  And really, what is so pressing that I just HAVE to do?  That's what I can't really answer.

Of course, this too shall pass and I will be alone with scads of time some day, wishing for my little companions. And truly, I think I have ADD anyway. But sometimes, it's kind of suffocating.

1 comment:

Tara Thayer said...

um...
yes.
all of it.

i love the observation that once you get them to come with you, you have to convince them to leave (with mostly empty hands...)

my word verification is

texpoloo.

ok.

xo,
tara