Sunday, March 1, 2009

At Last





Heard Etta James on the radio last night.  Can't get her out of my head.

Anyway, I finally got some time in the grey cottage studio today.  Much joyful cutting, piecing, stitching ensued.  With the voice of Lea Ann Hansen in the background, I completed two blocks for the project improv over at Tall Grass Prairie Studio.  It was an easy and fun way to dip my toe into craftivisim without making a commitment larger than I could manage (either through my skills or with my time).  I had so much fun making these two random blocks, I think I may keep going and make a quilt for myself.  I can't wait to see how these quilts turn out.

I signed up for the red and aqua quilt, since I seem to have a lot of red fabrics and I like that combination.  I think mine is more of a red/light blue, but one man's light blue may be another man's aqua. Now, if we don't get those 10 inches of snow they're predicting (!!!), perhaps I can get these babies to the post office tomorrow.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this is one of my favorite color combos. So great. love that first one, especially.