Tuesday, February 24, 2009

A Tourist in my Home Town




Not exactly a stay-cation. But, go-home-cation? We spent four days in my home town -- Philadelphia. Rediscovered it. Saw it through the eyes of my kids and through the eyes of a tourist. Got an amazing rate at the Lowes Hotel, two blocks from City Hall and the Reading Terminal Market. We had a corner room on the 27th floor and they have a pool. The kids, of course, were thrilled.

I forgot how much outdoor art Philly has. Everywhere you go: murals (over 2,500), statues, mosiacs. I loved it. Even the bus shelters had stained glass windows. All the art gives the city a sense of whimsy and color, even in February. Other cities (ahem, New York, I'm talking to you) should take note. Here are a few pics of the art we encountered along the way...







No comments: