Thursday, September 23, 2010

I did it! Raised $1875 for Breast Cancer Research

Ok, please ignore my last post.  I'm over it.  (My kids aren't quite over it, but husband is, and kids are close).

Yesterday, one gloriously good thing happened.  I reached my goal of raising $1,800 for breast cancer research.  I'm actually up to $1875. 

Let me just say, I'm a terrible fundraiser. I hate selling raffle tickets, gift wrap, gift cards.  It just throws me out of my comfort zone. I'm not a good asker, you might say.

Anyway, I committed to walking the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer, but along with it you have to raise $$.  I was already composing my pitch to my husband as to why we would have to write the check to cover the balance due after my fundraising failed.  Anyway, thanks to 17 uber-generous friends, I passed my goal yesterday.  I'm feeling rather proud of myself, actually, with a bit of a can-do outlook today. 

And, really, I do believe in the power of movements, and the movement to find a cure for breast cancer is a mighty one indeed.   I have a dream too -- that some day within my lifetime, there won't be any more breast cancer fundraisers, because there will be effective prevention and a cure.

Now, back to my training!

2 comments:

Sam said...

Bravo.

Chris said...

Hi Jill...here from Shutter Sisters. Feel free to 'steal' the tagged quote from my post at my blog. That's the whole idea! And I'd love to friend you on facebook. :) You can find me under Chris LeMaster Sneddon.