Tuesday, September 14, 2010

something happened

I don't have a green thumb at all.  I wish I did, because I love flowers, trees, veggie patches -- the whole nine, but gardening just hasn't hit me as hard as some of my other interests.  I always have three containers out front, and I mix it up each year, trying for a spiller, a thriller and a filler.  Anyway, this year, the whole thing went haywire, and I ended up with three giant containers full of beautiful, jack-in-the-beanstalk-sized coleus plants.  It really amused me to no end to see my flower-ful pots turn into big leafy urns.  I mean big too.  I'm going to try and root some to keep them inside over the winter, since I hate to see them die after such a glorious showing. 

The rest of the yard was kaput this year, but there's always next year.

No comments: