Friday, November 27, 2009

whew

I have been in the kitchen for about four days straight.  The first two guests arrived a week ago, two more arrived on Tuesday and one more on Wednesday.  Three left today, two still sleeping in the grey cottage studio.  In any event, I cooked big meals for everyone every night and now, I am spent.  Tomorrow,  I need a day without carbs and without meat or roasted anything.  I'm thinking Japanese food.

I am so grateful that I don't have to travel for Thanksgiving this year; that our house was filled to bursting, but didn't;  that our family came to see us and that they left;  that I have the kind of mother-in-law who tells me not to bother ironing the tablecloth.  Love that. 


And now, onto Christmas.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Take a break before you start in on Christmas for goodness sake!