Thursday, January 24, 2008

Bend-the-Rules Blogging




Here's a tote I made from Last Minute Patchwork Gifts which really was beyond the last minute. The gift is for Christmas. It is almost February. That may be beyond last minute. I made a coordinating one for little sister out of a different piece of the same IKEA fabric. The second tote comes from the amazing Amy Karol book, Bend the Rules Sewing. I'm feeling a bit obsessed with her book right now. I think I might have to make everything in it. Like that woman who cooked everything from Julia Child's book and blogged about it and then wrote her own book about it.

I was a knitter. Now, I'm sewer. I'm definitly a serial crafter. I get REALLY into something and then slap, dash, for some reason, one day, something else starts to tickle my fancy and before you know it, I'm INTO it. I can't say I'm all that talented. But, and the average person would never guess, I get really into it. I'm into bags and totes right now. And fabric in general.

I like to make things. It's my way of expressing myself. Of unleashing that part of me that always wishes she were a real artist. Of staying in touch with that little girl I used to be who would spend hours on the floor lost in some kind of art project when she was supposed to be cleaning her room.

Sigh.

Some things never change.

No comments: